Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year 2019!



These are pictures of what's on my looms January 1, 2019.


I am threading the AVL with a double weave project.  You can see that I have taken the sandpaper breast beam and tension roller off the loom.  Also removed, is the reed and the top that holds the reed in the beater.  I then use a black stool to sit in the loom to reach the heddles easier.  Another thing that makes threading easier is using the computer and Dobby to lift the shafts as I thread.  My mistakes in threading have gotten so much better by doing this.


Warp:

The warp is Fuchsia/Mauve, Ming Blue/ Teal, Green, Yellow and White separated by Black.

About half done, I should be weaving in a few days.






On the Harrisville Design Loom:

My Rainbow scarfs are on the HD 8 shaft loom.  I am inspired to finish this warp because I need the 10 dent reed to use on the AVL.  I have one more scarf to weave off on this warp.

I am enjoying weaving the bright colors of this warp.  I have several drafts that I am using on this warp by just changing the treadling.  I'll get a picture of all of them when they are off the loom.

It's a good start to the new year.  I hemmed this scarf, threaded a few minutes and am now watching the Mummers Parade.

I hope you are enjoying your New Year day as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment