Friday, December 28, 2018

Another New Year

2018 is waning and 2019 is on the horizon.

I like to take the last few days of the year to clean and organize so I can get a fresh start in the new year.  It is also a time to look back at my accomplishments or failures and to reassess my goals for the new year.

2018 was, overall, a good year for me.  Although some negative things forced changes, the changes were for the better.  One example is,  our heating and air-conditioning system was getting old and was due to be replaced.  When we had our annual cleaning and inspection the service man found that there were a few issues and suggested we should replace them.  We knew it was only a matter of time and the time was now.  In addition to replacing the heat pump and AC units we decided to change from an electric supplemental to propane.  And, while we were putting in the propane, we might as well get the generator we had been discussing.

Another big change was purchasing a new wheelchair accessible van.  My husband uses a wheelchair and it has been getting more difficult to transfer into our car, so the van was needed.  It has been so much safer and easier with the van.

Now, on the weaving side, I got an AVL A-series 40" 24 shaft Compu Dobby loom.  This was something I never seriously thought about until earlier this year.  The cost was more than I would ever expect to spend on something for myself.  I was so happy when my husband said to get it.  I love my new loom.  I am learning more and more about weaving and that makes me happy.

With so many major items this year I am hoping 2019 won't require much in the way of maintenance.

As far as my goals for 2019,  I am hoping to exercise more, drink more water, spend more time weaving and working outside in my yard and gardens.  I would like to spend more time enjoying the present and not worry about the future.

I think my goals are attainable so I should have a fantastic New Year.


No comments:

Post a Comment