Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Purple, Orange, Yellow

I've been wanting to weave something from the Echo and Iris book for a while now and just haven't found what I want to weave.  Recently I took the online course offered by Marge Coe called The Corris Effect for 8 shafts.

I like Marge Coe's courses, they are very interesting and I have learned quite a lot about Fiberworks by just watching how she uses the software for things like Deflected Double Weave and The Corris Effect. Link to Marge Coe's Course

Corris Effect and Echo are very similar.  They both use multiple colors in the warp.  Corris uses 3 colors and Echo generally uses 4.  I am threading my loom with Purple, Orange and Yellow right now.

Using what I learned from Corris Effect, I chose a draft from Handweaving.net created by Bonnie Inouye.  #60949  It is a 16 shaft design that I wanted to use to weave a shawl.  The draft creates a large diamond shaped design which I thought would look great from the back when wearing the shawl.  It has been in my "to weave" list and I thought it would work for the Corris Effect.

After playing with the draft and colors I designed the draft seen below.

 This is a picture of both sides.  By using one color weft I am able to get what looks like a two shuttle weave with 2 weft colors.

I am weaving with 20/2 cotton Sett at 36 EPI.  Today I finished threading the heddles and will start the reed tomorrow.

This is the original design of the draft.


No comments:

Post a Comment